I recently took part in Pitch Wars. It was a contest for aspiring writers to get some help shining up their manuscripts and then pitch to a panel of awesome agents. They had 592 writers apply for the contest. And while I didn't get matched up with a mentor, I feel like I still walked away a winner.
- I received some awesome feedback.
- I will be getting a critique of my query and first five pages.
- I connected with a lot of talented writers.
- The mentors started CPseek.com. A community for writers to find others to bounce ideas off of and find new critique partners or beta readers.
- And one mentor offered to scout through the entries for two independent publishers.
I updated my sad lonely blog, wrote this post, and added the 2,876,369 edition of my query. That may be an exaggeration, but I'm not sure. And, as we head into the holidays I have some hope, some work, and a lot of thinking to do. What's my next step?